Sunday, January 29, 2017

AWOKEN NIGHT


Of all the dames,
She was dear,
With smiles on lips,
I was lost in love,
But what she felt,
I know not.


In a period of time,
I heard the whisper,
It came in words,
And words in thought,
That what I seek,
Was what I'd get.


Like the fool I am,
It all began,
Like air is to human,
I'm glued to her,
Like fuel is to car,
We became inseparable.


With dawn upon,
I soon realize,
That with these progress,
She'd soon be gone,
To a life so far away.


Yet from the start,
She was never mine,
I fell like a ghost,
Without her smile,
And her cozy stare,
That melts my soul.


I wanted a night,
So close to her,
Just a cuddle
Was what I seek,
Like a disease,
She refrain from me,
And moved north,
When I headed south,
And moved west,
When I headed east.


While her pushes
Tagged me a thief,
Who had come
To claim it all.


The happiness grown,
a few months back,
But my only aim
Was a moment with her,
I was woke at dawn,
With a kiss on lips,
And her penetrating gaze,
Upon my soul,
At this moment,
My conviction was convicted,
That come rain and shine,
She'd still be here,
And no matter what,
She'd be glued to me...



Written by Olajide Oladipo
FEBRUARY 11, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment